40 DAYS OF REACHING CITIES & COMMUNITIES FOR CHRIST: DAY 1 – CAMPAIGN OVERVIEW
This fall, our church will be participating in a 40 Days of Reaching Cities and Communities for Christ Campaign, which will run for seven weekends beginning on Sunday, October 1, 2017 and ending on Sunday, November 12, 2017. This spiritual growth campaign which includes 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting is designed to focus on two of God’s most important commission to His people: “Prayer and Evangelism.” The events of the Campaign will give us opportunities to commit to habits of spiritual growth, memorize scripture, fellowship with other believers, serve in ministry, share our faith, and learn to live a lifestyle of worship to the glory of God. We are excited as we envision our entire congregation living in alignment with God’s purposes for their lives, and the impact this could have on our church and our communities!
1. CHAMPAIGN OVERVIEW: The campaign will kick-off with an Introductory Service outlining the different themes of the campaign on Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:00 am. The book we will be using during the campaign is “That None Should Perish” by Ed Silvoso. The book is divided into 12 chapters. We are encouraging everyone to get a copy and read at least two chapters per week. During this Service, Pastor Obadiah Swen will outline the overview of the book and set the stage for the campaign events to come.
2. COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND PRAYER WALK: During each weekend of the campaign there will be an opportunity to join other believers and prayer partners in community outreaches and prayer walks. Perhaps the activities of sharing the gospel and prayer walking are new to you. Both activities can be defined as “winning the lost and praying on-site with insight.” On-site praying is simply praying in the very places where you expect your prayers to be answered. It is a deliberate and planned time of focused prayer. Be prepared to join God in the phenomenal way He is working around you before, during, and after the 40 Days of Reaching Cities and Communities for Christ Campaign! Ask God to “open your eyes spiritually” to let you see His plans through His eyes.
3. OPERATION ANDREW: All throughout this campaign, we are encouraging all of you to prayerfully and purposefully reach out in the community with the powerful gospel of Jesus Christ. We encourage each person to look for opportunities to share the gospel with their families, friends, neighbors, colleagues and strangers, and invite them to come to church. Operation Andrew uses 5 themes:
a. LOOK AROUND where you live, work, or go to school – this is your mission field. List names of individuals you know who need Jesus Christ, whom you will pray for regularly.
b. LOOK UP because God changes people through prayer. Pray each day for those on your list, that God will give you opportunities to share His love with them.
c. LOOK OUT for ways to cultivate friendships with each person on your list. Spend time with them. An invitation to dinner or a sporting event will build friendships, which can open the way to talk about Christ.
d. LOOK FORWARD by beginning to talk with each person on your list about the gospel of Christ and attending church with you. Choose a specific date, pray, invite them, and bring them to the service.
e. LOOK AFTER those who respond to Christ or even begin to show interest in the Gospel, for they need your encouragement. Continue to love and pray for those who do not respond.
4. SPIRITUAL IMPARTATION CELEBRATION: The campaign culminates with a Spiritual Impartation Celebration from Friday, November 17, 2017 thru Sunday, November 19, 2017 where we will receive spiritual gifts, blessings, healing, deliverance, baptism in the Holy Spirit, greater anointing for the work of the ministry and rejoice together in all God has done in our midst during the campaign.
If you would like to help us in implementing the various parts of the campaign, we would love to talk to you! Please contact us at 703-579-7983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to join with us to pray for this campaign. The potential impact this could have on our lives will be increased if the soil of our hearts is prepared through prayer. We are excited to embark on this spiritual journey together this fall, and we appreciate your prayers for the campaign team, for our church leaders, for the effectiveness of our church and for the impact of the campaign in the lives of the people in our cities and communities. So begin now to pray and prepare your own heart for the life-changing adventure of the 40 Days of Reaching Cities and Communities for Christ.
Rev. Obadiah Swen
APPLICATION AND PRAYER FOR TODAY
1. Pray for Pastor Obadiah and Elizabeth Swen that the Lord will fill them with increased anointing, wisdom, understanding, and strength as they continue to lead his great people by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom which is able to change and influence the destiny of nations.
2. Pray for God’s grace to be released in the life of each person involved in the 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting, sending a wave of spiritual growth through our communities – including our churches, schools, and businesses.
3. “We know dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people. For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance that what we said was true. And you know of our concern for you from the way we lived when we were with you.—1 Thessalonians 1:4-5 (NLT)